1. Who are we and what is this document about?1.1. We are Reality Check Pty Ltd ACN 135 664 407 of 333/49 Queens Road, Five Dock 2046 and this document explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information or sensitive information in connection with our services.
1.2. For the purpose of this policy a reference to personal information is also a reference to sensitive information as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. How do we collect your personal information?2.1. Generally, the only personal information we collect about you is that which you choose to tell us, or which you authorise us to obtain. This may be when you complete an authority with us, or contact us.
2.2. We may also collect information from third parties. Third parties may include but not limited to referees, government bodies, academic and professional institutions.
3. What personal information do we collect?3.1. We collect personal information which we consider relevant, and which is outlined in your written authority, for the purpose of providing our services.
3.2. The type of information we collect includes, your name, address, telephone number, employment history, criminal history (if any), entitlement to work in Australia and billing information.
4. How do we use the information we collect?4.1. We use your personal information to provide our services to our customers, who are potential employers.
4.2. We may also use your personal information to verify information you have given to us or our customers, or to comply with the law.
4.3. If you do not provide us with all or part of the personal information we require, it may prevent us from providing services, which may impact on your application for employment with our customers.
5. Do we disclose your personal information?5.1. We will not sell your personal information without your consent, unless we sell our business. The purchaser of our business will only be entitled to use the information for the purposes that it was initially collected.
5.2. As part of our business we are required to disclose your personal information to our customer that has requested the check take place.
5.3. We may choose to disclose your personal information to our contractors, our agents, and any other party who may assist us in providing services (as detailed in 2.2), or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business.
6. How do we safeguard your personal information?6.1. We store your information in both electronic and paper form.
6.2. We take all reasonable precautions to protect these records from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
6.3. It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed, usually after 12 months.
7. How can you access information and ensure its accuracy?7.1. When you, or someone you have authorised, provide us with personal information we assume that it is correct unless you tell us otherwise.
7.2. Unless we know that personal information is incorrect, we cannot correct it. You can assist us, by telling us when the information we hold has changed and is no longer accurate.
7.3. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, you can do so by making a request to us. We may charge a small fee to provide this information.
8. Do you have any comments or questions?8.1. We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us.
8.2. We may amend this policy from time to time to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.
You can contact us by writing to us at Reality Check 333/49 Queens Road, Five Dock 2046 or by calling us on (02) 9252 3022.